WizIQ provides a virtual classroom facility which lets you collaborate in real time during online delivery of classes or training sessions. The platform offers a range of useful features and tools to make the teaching and learning processes as effective as possible:
- real-time audio and video communication
- real-time text chatting facility
- shared interactive whiteboard
- possibility of sharing files and desktop screen
- polling tools
- breakout rooms useful for working in smaller group
- attendance reporting and notifications
- possibility of recording training sessions to share later with the participants
- no need of software installation as the session can be opened and attended using any web browser
This video provides a brief demo of what WizIQ offers to educators:
We are planning to use the WizIQ software for the first introductory session for the applicants from the IUG during which Bill and Anna explain the rationale for the project, its stages, activities and outcomes. We have decided to use the WizIQ platform as the IUG has a subscription. Besides due to a presenting facility it is easy to share a powerpoint with the session participants. Thanks to the slides on the interactive whiteboard it should be easier to explain what the project is about so the applicants should develop a better understanding of the telecollaboration. The students will have an opportunity to ask questions about the project using audio or text chat. They will also be able to view the session again as the recording will be made available to them right after the meeting finishes.
We have tested the software in a joint session with the IUG partner and believe the platform is an effective way of communicating with the IUG students.